[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need help in KS Topology Test - WinBlue, Wave test- Certification

  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:32:36 -0700

Ok. I had to add the attribute list supporting
KSPROPERTY_AUDIOSIGNALPROCESSING_MODES property after the data range for
the streaming pin. The audio comes out now.

*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Parinitha Kashyap <
parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What calls setstate? I noticed that after implementing getmodes() i.e. in
the no audio case, I do not get the setstate() calls whereas if there is no
getmodes() implementation, I do get setstate() calls which changes from
stop->pause->run.

*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Parinitha Kashyap <
parinitha.kashyap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Few questions:

1) Before implementing the interface, the wave test was run on our
streaming pin (Render pin # 0 # wave (NO_MODE)). After implementing the
interface and returning raw mode, the wave test runs on same pin in 2 modes
(render pin # 0 wave (NO_MODE) and render pin # 0 # wave (RAW)). Is this
expected? Or should it just run tests on the pin in raw mode?

2) I noticed that some of the wave tests like TAEF_Render_ResetPin,
TAEF_Render_ChangeAudioFormat running on the streaming pin (raw mode) has
the same pin instantiation failure error which is filtered. But for tests
like TAEF_Render_CancelIO, the test fails because of the same pin
instantiation error. Why is the same failure filtered for some tests only?

*Warm regards,*
Parinitha Kashyap

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Matthew van Eerde <
Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The volume level stays constant because SysVad has a sample
implementation of the "hardware peak meter" property... but it doesn't
actually calculate the peaks of the audio data sent to it (we have toyed
with the idea of adding this.)

It saves all the data you play to it under C:\stream (unless you turn on
DRM or set a regkey.)

https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/blob/master/audio/sysvad/savedata.cpp