[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need help in KS Topology Test - WinBlue, Wave test- Certification

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 11:17:57 +0000

The volume level stays constant because SysVad has a sample implementation of
the "hardware peak meter" property... but it doesn't actually calculate the
peaks of the audio data sent to it (we have toyed with the idea of adding this.)

It saves all the data you play to it under C:\stream (unless you turn on DRM or
set a regkey.)

https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/blob/master/audio/sysvad/savedata.cpp