[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need help in "FAIL: Non-zero position is being reported, but the cursor is not moving!"

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 09:52:27 -0800

Danny wrote:
> Hi, Tsai:
> I means you can not get WHQL certification with you virtual audio
> driver, why you need to do it.
> ===>Could you elaborate the reason that virtual audio driver can not
> get WHQL certification?

You certainly cannot get the Windows logo for a virtual device.  The
logo only applies to a piece of hardware.

Until recently, you could always submit any driver as an "unclassified"
device and get the the WHQL signature without the logo rights.  The
rumor was that WHQL was going to stop allowing unclassified submissions
for any driver that fit into one of the defined categories, but I don't
know whether they are actually enforcing that.

Why do you want the WHQL signature?  Just for silent install?