[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need USB Audio device to not be the default speaker at plug-in

  • From: "David A. Hoatson" <dhoatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:19:41 -0700

Wouldn't this be simple to accomplish by having a device selection in the
USB phone application?  I know this seems simplistic, but it seems there
have been so many things taken out of the end-users hands that we are now
left trying to program around an array of limitations instead of trusting
that the user really does know what they are doing.

Alternatively the OS would have to remember the "default" audio device for
each application independently.

Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.