[wdmaudiodev] Multiple "logical" devices for same hardware

  • From: Francois <frankthibault@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:30:52 -0400

Hi,
First time post on this forum. Driver / APO development is not my usual
playground (hence feel free to elaborate and bare in mind I might not use the
right terminology) but I have a question for the experts in this field.
Browsing the archive a bit I see that the one to one association between APO
loaded on a device is there to stay. What is less clear for me is whether
different "logical" devices (if such things exist) can be created on a unique
piece of hardware (with possibly different APOs associated with each).
To provide a bit of context to the request (which may help provide solutions
entirely different than the proposal above), the ultimate goal would be to
allow a microphone device to be used for VOIP solution with appropriate
parameterization and processing, as well as for speech recognition purposes
(with different parameterization and processing), without forcing user to
change parameterization for one use or another.
If at all possible, a clean solution is preferred but for prototype uses I
could consider hacked solutions as well.
Thanks,Francois