[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multiple instances of MSVAD sample

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:59:02 -0800

Vipin Kumar wrote:

>     i  would like to create multiple instances of MSVAD.Actually i am
> try to create a Virtual audio in support for Terminal server
> clients.Since MS doesn't provide it. So, AFAIK if we create virtual
> nodes, one per user and set it up in audio devices, then it should
> work.Let me know if my approach is wrong

No, it isn't that easy.  Think about it for a moment.  How would
Terminal Services know that it was supposed to assign one node per
client?  It wouldn't.  You would end up with a bunch of audio devices on
the console, with none on the clients.  It takes special code in
Terminal Services to get a device exposed within the TS clients.  There
is a custom display driver, a custom keyboard driver, and a custom mouse
driver for Terminal Services that redirects everything through TS to the
console.  You would need a similar thing: a special Terminal Services
audio driver that gets instantiated once per client.  Unfortunately,
it's been so long since I dug into Terminal Services that I don't
remember where that's done.

> Or, if there is other way round such as 1 single node is enough to
> fulfil all requests( of course we will use different buffers for each
> user).
>
> What would be your approach if you are asked to do it ?

What do you plan to DO with the audio data?