[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multiple Audio Devices

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:10:04 -0800

Eugene Muzychenko wrote:

>>he cannot drive two separate audio cards simultaneously from two
>>separate processes. He says that when one process goes foreground,
>>audio from the other process stops.
>>

>He definitely does something incorrectly. Maybe he uses DirectSound
>interface in the compatible mode. The cooperative level should be set to
>DSSCL_PRIORITY and buffers should be created with DSBCAPS_GLOBALFOCUS
>flag.

I just learned that it IS a DirectSound app; further, it is a .NET 2.0
managed app.  The code snippet that he sent does not set
BufferDescription.GlobalFocus, although I would be very surprised if
they hadn't tried that.  It only took me about 5 minutes with MSDN to
locate it.

I'll let you know if that was it..