[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multi-channel->2 channel APO on 2-channel device

  • From: Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:31:35 -0800

Dear Madam,

I think this is covered in the white paper on this subject
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/sysfx.mspx but what you are
suggesting is possible when you load your APO into the Local Effect
(LFX) insertion point (per app) so please check that you are doing that.

From a high level the LFX exposed the format that the LFX wants (such as
multi-channel) and then down mixes that to a stereo stream for instance.
This functionality is already in Vista though...

Sincerely,

HakonS