[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multichannel data ranges under Vista

  • From: Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:22:49 -0700

The Vista audio system assumes that the MinimumBitsPerSample and
MaximumBitsPerSample fields of KSDATARANGE_AUDIO correlate with the
wBitsPerSample of a WAVEFORMATEX or the wValidBitsPerSample of a
WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE.  In other words it assumes that the bitdepth fields refer
the the valid bits, not the container size.

<< The DDK docs state that the range should include the container size, not
only the valid bits... >>

Could you send me the URL of the page you are referencing, please?

Thanks.