[wdmaudiodev] Multichannel data ranges under Vista

  • From: Simon <angelofpromise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:42:33 +0200

Hi All,

I'm seeing some weird behavior when specifying the data ranges under Vista RC1.

The bridge pin is KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER

If the range is specified with a maximum of 8 channels, minimum 16 bit and maximum 32 bit resolutions all is working fine, however if I split the range into two structures, one specifying the min and max resolutions both as 16 bits and the other as 32 bits, only the 16 bit formats appear on the Advanced tab in Speaker Properties (the formats appear correctly in KSStudio each time).

Now, if I change maximum channels to 2, it starts working as expected, i.e. 24 bit formats start appearing in the properties, but of course I can't select a multichannel speaker configuration then.

What's even more annoying is that if I specify only one range, with min and max 32 bits, the Advanced tab in the properties doesn't show up, and neither does the speaker configuration dialog after clicking "Configure" (The button is not greyed out, but nothing happens when I click on it).

The DDK docs state that the range should include the container size, not only the valid bits, so this would imply a 32 bit range for 24 bits padded to 32.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Simon