[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multichannel audio device seen as stereo

  • From: "bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:49:23 +0100

Stephan Kappertz wrote:

> Did you set the speaker layout for your device to 7.1 in Control Panel |
> Sounds and Audio Device Properties | Advanced Audio Properties ?
> WinDVD checks this property and disables/enables multichannel support based
> on the entry. The default value for this property is stereo, no matter how
> many channels your device has.

When I go to "Control Panel" -> "Sounds and Audio Device Properties" I see
"No Audio Device" and the "Volume" and "Advanced" buttons are  grayed out. But
the normal windows sounds are there and also the Media Player plays sounds!
How does windows control panel 'know' it has a sound card and that it can
control its volume? I did add a Topology miniport but that does not appear to
help.

        Bart