[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multichannel audio device seen as stereo

  • From: uwe kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:32:12 +0100

bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I have a 8 channel audio device with a KS driver based on the msvad example
from the DDK. Some DVD players, like WinDVD and MaximusDVD, only give me
stereo output, others like PowerDVD and DirectDVD give me surround output
with the same driver. In both cases I see that KS gives me 8 channels, as
I requested in DataRangeIntersection but for some reason the players believe
it is only a stereo device. Does anybody has a clue what could cause this?

There are at least 2 ways of supporting more than 2 audio channels: multi device stereo or multi channel interleaved. Seems that your DVD player does not support multi channel interleaved.
Uwe