[wdmaudiodev] Multichannel audio device seen as stereo

  • From: "bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WDM list <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:48:55 +0100

Hi,

I have a 8 channel audio device with a KS driver based on the msvad example
from the DDK. Some DVD players, like WinDVD and MaximusDVD, only give me
stereo output, others like PowerDVD and DirectDVD give me surround output
with the same driver. In both cases I see that KS gives me 8 channels, as
I requested in DataRangeIntersection but for some reason the players believe
it is only a stereo device. Does anybody has a clue what could cause this?

Regards,
        Bart