[wdmaudiodev] Re: Multichannel ?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:04:38 +0100

Robert Bielik skrev 2010-10-31 06:16:
Jeff Pages skrev 2010-10-30 01:05:
I went through something similar many years ago and found I had to include
property handlers for KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_CHANNEL_CONFIG and
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_STEREO_SPEAKER_GEOMETRY in the miniport's DAC node
(KSNODETYPE_DAC).

Ok, I've implemented the KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_CHANNEL_CONFIG handler, and I have an
active config variable in the driver. When I configure my
VAD (programmatically) I can set f.i. 44100Hz, 6ch, 16bits and
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1_SURROUND (i.e. so that my handler returns
KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_5POINT1_SURROUND henceforth). But still WMP will not open the
device in 5.1 surround, UNLESS I set the configuration via the
sound control panel. This is what I want to do programmatically instead of
having the user need to open the control panel to configure the device (!)

TIA
/Rob