[wdmaudiodev] Msvad audio clock

  • From: Kannan Ramanathan <kannan.ramanathan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:29:35 +0530

Am trying to see if I can use the pcmex vad sample for one of my projects. With
that installed I see media apps playing content properly -- now, wonder how the
clock is generated and provided by pcmex. I am new to wdm audio an going thru
the docs still, but if somebody could tell me the following, would appreciate a
lot:
 - how reliable is pcmex vad timer?
 - if I write a audio source filter implementing IReferenceClock, querying the
GetPosition() from the IAudioClock of pcmex vad, will the push src behave as
well as with a real hw clock?

Thanks
  --- Kannan Ramanathan