[wdmaudiodev] Re: Modified kernel streaming example

  • From: User for realtime audio <audiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:07:00 +0100

Well, actually not. I had this problem with one specific device only
and only for large buffers (2048 samples and more).

I have not followed this problem too much even though the technical support of the device
gave me a contact address for the driver I used. I did not contact the person however
because it seemed that with the latest version of the driver which is available in the meantime
the problem disappeared (no intensive testing!).

I modified my own software also to achieve better performance in another context.
Also this may be the reason why it seems to work now:

I am using the KS-example for capture and playback (duplex), not only for playback.
In the latest version of my software I have one thread for incoming and one for outgoing buffers.
Before I had one thread for both, waiting for all events in one Wait-function.

Mmmh, the problem I described was only for playback... Maybe it is helpful anyway.

But there was no change in the context of KS-Interfacing actually...

Best Regards,
Hauke

Jerry Evans wrote:

I have run into exactly the same problem with the AC97 drivers in WinXP SP1.
Did you find a solution ?

Does anyone know what to do when this occurs ?

TIA

Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "User for realtime audio" <audiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>