[wdmaudiodev] Re: Mixer compatibility under Vista

  • From: Andrew Elder <aelder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:12:44 -0400

Yes, we do see that driver32 wave drivers work ok.

Our customer's software is not really specific to our hardware. We are using standard mixer calls and standard volume controls. Any hardware device that supports cross mixing in hardware between several waveOut devices and several Line Outs will have an issue when attempting to map the topology to WDM.

Under XP you can adjust all available volumes using
Start/All Programs/Accessories/Entertainmant/Volume Control
so its not that we are doing anything "tricky" here.

- Andrew

Frank Yerrace wrote:

I've been advised by others on the team that we kept support for drivers32 wave
drivers, but we removed support for drivers32 mixer drivers.

You mentioned your customers' software. I assume this software is written
specifically for your hardware, is that true?

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation