[wdmaudiodev] Re: Mixer compatibility under Vista

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:52:16 -0700

The compatibility mode wouldn't affect this kind of driver.

For the last couple releases of Windows, we had hoped to remove support for
these kinds of drivers- those loaded via "drivers32" registry entries. There
are fewer and fewer reasons to implement such a driver. Nonetheless, the
support is still there in Vista, but our test efforts aren't focused in this
area.

Have you traced any messages through your mxdMessage entry point?

As usual, I'm curious to know what sort of product requires this kind of driver.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation