[wdmaudiodev] Re: Mixer compatibility under Vista

  • From: "David A. Hoatson" <dhoatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:30:22 -0700

Andrew,

I am no authority on Vista, so I am just guessing, but if they took at Drivers32 for MIXER then the probably took at the mxdMessage calls to the lower level DLLs too. Since the NT4 stack is:

App > WINMM.DLL > YourMixerAPI.DLL | YourKernelDriver.SYS

If there is no way to get through WINMM.DLL to YourMixerAPI.DLL then it won't matter if you can 'load' the driver with Drivers32.

Good luck.  Maybe I'll see you at the AES show...

Thank you,

David A. Hoatson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Elder" <aelder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>