[wdmaudiodev] Miniport Driver : DPC Problem

  • From: "Chinmay Mahata" <chinmay.mahata@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:07:40 +0530

Dear All,

To test our miniport driver for an audio PCI card, we have written a
windows console application. In this application we registered a
thread callback routine while opening one wave out device (
WaveOutOpen() ).

  The problem we are facing that when we are trying to play an audio
file (.wave) by calling WaveOutWrite multimedia API,  the service()
routine (DPC) of driver miniportwavepcistream class is not getting
called.

  But we can see from windbg message, the ISR is getting fired and
also we are successfully registering the DPC by calling portwavepci
Notify() procedure.

   We are not sure where is the problem: inside the application or in
the driver!!!

Please let me know your comments and suggestions to figure out the
problem. What could be the possible reasons of this kind of problem
i.e., Service routine (or the DPC) is not getting called even after it
is successfully registered!!!.

  Please do help me by sending your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--Chinmay