[wdmaudiodev] Microphone Virtual Driver

  • From: Shree Kumar <shree@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:30:49 +0530

[I had posted the same message to ntdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 but realize that this is a specialized list for such
 stuff - hence posting it here]

Hi all,

I need to write a virtual driver which acts like a microphone.
Something like daemon tools, but which provides a virtual
microphone.

This is for providing interactive-input to an application
which uses audio input (I don't have any control
over the program & don't have it's source code), and provides
a selector for which device to use for input. So if my
driver appears in the list, I can get input from it.

What sort of driver must I write?
How do I tell windows that the hardware is present when it is
actually not? Is it possible to load the driver before running
the application & unload it after the app exits?
Also, any idea how this driver can be loaded into a Terminal
Services session?

My platform is Windows 2000 and above. I am a newbie to
driver development but have read some of the
DDK material.

Any suggestions/hints/links will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

- Shree Kumar