[wdmaudiodev] Re: Microphone Type

  • From: "Kelly Johnson" <kjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:30:10 -0600

Thanks Mitch.  It works great!

Kelly Johnson

Sr. Software Engineer

Andrea Electronics

kjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(801) 785-9156

  _____

From: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mitchell Rundle
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 12:05 PM
To: 'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [wdmaudiodev] Re: Microphone Type

You are looking for the "form factor".  The following code should do it

    EndpointFormFactor      formFactor;
    CComPtr<IPropertyStore> spProperties;

    hr = pEndpoint->OpenPropertyStore(STGM_READ, &spProperties);
    if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
    {
        hr = spProperties->GetValue(PKEY_AudioEndpoint_FormFactor, &var);
        if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (var.vt == VT_UI4))
        {
            formFactor = (EndpointFormFactor)var.ulVal;

EndpointFormFactor is defined in mmdeviceapi.h.

Regards,
Mitch Rundle
Microsoft Corporation

  _____