[wdmaudiodev] Re: MSVAD: synchronization of MSVAD and WMP with a real soundcard

  • From: Bosser Frédéric <frederic_bosser@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:16:21 +0200 (CEST)

hello Richard,

I am agree with you when you say that WMP will send the data based on the clock
time returned by the driver it has opened. And there is no problem when WMP
opens the driver of a REAL soundcard.

And what you have described then sounds exactly like my scenario. The clock
time returned by the driver that WMP has opened is running at a different rate
then the clock that represents actual audio playback.

I join a diagram of my software with this mail.

To  be more accurate, WMP is synchronized with a VIRTUAL driver MSVAD. So WMP
will send the data based on the clock time returned by the MSVAD driver. You
must know that, in MSVAD, the REAL interrupt notifications are simulated with a
periodic timer each 10 ms. So WMP is synchronized with this timer.

If you look at the diagram I have joined, you will see that I send then these
sound data in a proprietary software (visioconference). This proprietary
software is synchronized with the real soundcard. And my problem is that my
MSVAD driver and the proprietary software are not synchronized.

So, how can I simulate in a very accurate way (more accurate that the one in
MSVAD sample), in the MSVAD driver, the clock of the real soundcard? As I have
said in my last email, I think WMP does not really send the data each 10ms.

I hope that you understand my explanation. It is a very blocking problem.

Thank you

fred

Richard Fricks <Richard.Fricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
WMP will send the data based on the clock time returned by the driver it has
opened. If that clock is running at a different rate then the clock that
represents actual audio playback I could see where you would get the condition
you are describing below. Is what I am describing sound like your scenario?

Richard Fricks

Technical Lead, Microsoft DDK