[wdmaudiodev] MSVAD sample and Audio engine traces

  • From: Rashee Chadha <rashee182@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 15:59:43 -0800

Hello

I have just started working on WDM audio drivers. I am referring to the
MSVAD sample driver which comes with the DDK.

I used the devcon utility to install this driver (on a Win7 VMWare Virtual
Machine):

*devcon install msvad.inf *MSVADSimple*

**

*Initially I got the error of missing cat file. On commenting out this
dependancy from inf file, I get yet another error of missing vaddyn.sys
file.*

*This sys file was not generated when I built the entire MSVAD solution.*

**

*Is there any step which I am missing out here? Any modification to be done
in inf to get this driver installed on my VM ?*

**

*Additionally I would like to capture traces for audioeng.dll,audiokse.dll
and portcl.sys. This would help me in understanding the call flow from the
audio engine upto the sample miniport.*

*Which setting I need to do in order to achieve this.*

**

**

*BR*

*Rashee*