[wdmaudiodev] Re: MSVAD multistr multiple streams supported or NOT !!!!

  • From: timr@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:40:27 -0800

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 05:28:19PM -0800, Vipin Kumar wrote:

>     Can you point me to the conditions when multiple streams can be created.
> i have tried audacity and few other sophisticated application, but no one
> has been able to trigger multiple streams.

Audacity is not a sophisticated audio application.  By "sophisticated",
I mean one of the high-end audio applications that cost thousands of
dollars, usually targeted at professional studios.

> how can we disable mixing in the kernel mixer, this would certainl force it
> t create multiple streams

Let me put it another way.  Given that the vast majority of applications
won't use it, why would want to develop such an ability?

> is the same true for capture streams also.

No.  A few minutes thought should make that clear.  You can't "mix"
a microphone stream.
Providenza & Boeklheide, Inc.