[wdmaudiodev] MSVAD failed DTM tests

  • From: Anton Shpakovsky <anton.shpakovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:34:10 +0700

Hello,

I'm trying to accomplish DTM tests on my virtual microphone driver based on
msvad.
I'm testing it under Win7 x64 OS.

Round Trip Test – Win 7 (Manual) failed due to child job failure -
LibJob – RoundTrip Test (Manual)
ERROR: No loopback detected.

KS Position Test – Win 7
ERROR: The current device supports neither standard streaming nor standard
looped streaming – need to support at least one;
The similar problem is being discussed here
//www.freelists.org/post/wdmaudiodev/DTM-test-case-Wave-Test-failed-because-my-microphone-driver-does-not-support-neither-standard-streaming-not-standard-looped-streamingand
it looks like a bug in the tests;

KS Topology Test – Win 7
LibJob – KS Topology Test – Win7
ERROR: Node[00] KSNODETYPE_VOLUME – Property[01]
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_CPU_RESOURCES: Node must not support this property
descriptor

Wave Test
ERROR: The current device supports neither standard streaming nor standard
looped streaming – need to support at least one;
I guess it can be related to the 1st and 2nd paragraph.

General Audio Test (I) – Win 7
I also received lots of errors concerning the KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_MUTE and
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL.

The fact that I don't understand is - the MSVAD from my latest WDK has the
same errors! And winqual_at_microsoft.com told me that I shouldn't create a
submission with failed tests..

So, should I fix all these errors? My driver works fine, but I'm afraid the
submission will fail and I will lose money.
Please, advise what to do in this situation.

Thanks.