[wdmaudiodev] Re: MSVAD and WDM capture

  • From: "Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 06:11:07 -0700

Well from what I know...the answer is you cannot change this property from
the driver in a way that affects user mode.

The driver does not really know about direct sound or the wave API. Both
those APIs (and others) are abstracted above the driver.

I am not sure why you are getting E_FAIL. I also know that I have personally
used this call to change buffer sizes in user mode successfully and that I
did not have to do anything else.

Ok, now I remember...I did not call this property with KxProxy. I called it
to set in QCap.dll. (KxProxy has small buffers but QCap has large buffers. I
needed to change from large to small.)

So, can you do me a favor? Can you try the same thing with a filter created
by QCap.dll instead of KxProxy. I bet KxProxy is rejecting your request for
some reason. If it works with QCap.dll then, at least you know your code is
correct.