[wdmaudiodev] Re: MSVAD: Sampling rate conversion

  • From: "Zakhar Savushkin" <Savushkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:18:12 +0300

Windows Sysaudio module creates "wrapper" or "virtual audio device"
above Your physical device. So, when you insert msvad filter into
graphedit, it is actually not Your filter, but "wrapper". This wrapper
support all common sampling rates and has unlimited number of possible
pin instances. Sysaudio (or, actually, KMixer) will do resampling to
physical device's sampling rate. So, your MSVAD driver will always work
at 32000