[wdmaudiodev] Re: MSVAD BUG?

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:01:17 -0800

Hello,

I just got the MSVAD drivers to compile under windows 2000, but when I use

the "simple" and "multistream" drivers (select it as the default wave

device), all I get are 44 byte wave files labeled "STREAM_1.wav,

STREAM_2.wav, and so on written to my C drive. What's more, the files are

all identical.

I was under the impression that these virtual audio drivers allowed for

writing audio data outputted by all running programs (using waveOut, or

directsound) to a single wave file as opposed to an actual sound card (which

presumably can be easily modified to route the audio stream over the

internet)

Does anyone understand what exactly the MSVAD Audio drivers do out of the

box?

That's what they are supposed to do, assuming these programs are actually using your driver as their output device. The fact that you're getting files at all suggests that at least part of it is working.

Have you set a breakpoint in CMiniportWaveCyclicStreamMSVAD::CopyTo
to see if it ever gets called?

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx