[wdmaudiodev] MSVAD BUG?

  • From: "Levin" <llm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:55:04 +0800

Hi, Ismail Degani,and all,

I got the same problem as below. Have you any advice to me?
Thanks.
Levin

Hello,

I just got the MSVAD drivers to compile under windows 2000, but when I
use
the "simple" and "multistream" drivers (select it as the default wave
device), all I get are 44 byte wave files labeled "STREAM_1.wav,
STREAM_2.wav, and so on written to my C drive. What's more, the files
are
all identical.

I was under the impression that these virtual audio drivers allowed for
writing audio data outputted by all running programs (using waveOut, or
directsound) to a single wave file as opposed to an actual sound card
(which
presumably can be easily modified to route the audio stream over the
internet)

Does anyone understand what exactly the MSVAD Audio drivers do out of
the
box?

Thanks a lot

--Ismail Degani