[wdmaudiodev] Re: MS Windows maximal supported sample rate by the OS
- From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:26:24 -0700
HpWWorks Support wrote:
Did not get any answer yet ...
You certainly did. The engine is limited to 384kHz.
1. On Mac they do support 768khz SR out of the box
2. IMHO on WASAPI exclusive, there should be not any limitation given..
There will always be a limitation. Microsoft makes these decisions
based on use cases and need, and there simply hasn't been enough demand
to justify investing engineering effort in implementing and -- more
important -- validating support for higher sample rates. If this is
blocking sales of Windows, then you should have your management talk to
Microsoft's management and present a business case. That's how these
things get done.
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Other related posts: