[wdmaudiodev] Re: MIDI UART

  • From: <zizka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:46:50 +0100

Because it is targeted to an embedded application.
There is a MB that has only two USB ports - both of them are in use and we
cannot use a hub. Then there are two serial ports - one is for modem and the
second one for extension, so both of them are in use. So the MIDI UART is the
last serial interface that is free to use. I don't need faster speed than 31
kbaud (9600 baud would be enough), but I need both directions - send and
receive.