[wdmaudiodev] Re: Logitech USB Headset problem on XP

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:31:59 +0200

Hi Tim,

Tim Roberts skrev 2010-08-24 23:26:

Haven't gotten rid of those headers still ? :)

Yes.  The KS contract requires that all state transitions move one level
at a time.  You must go from STOP to ACQUIRE to PAUSE to RUN, and then
RUN to PAUSE to ACQUIRE to STOP on the way back out.  Drivers are
allowed to assume that this ordering is maintained.

Ok, thanks. In the direcks example, the state transitions are called
sequentially, i.e. with no delay in
between. I guess (hope) it would be valid to just:

pin->SetState(KSSTATE_AQUIRE);
pin->SetState(KSSTATE_PAUSE);
pin->SetState(KSSTATE_RUN);

with appropriate error checking in between calls ? (I saw that the aquire state
is where the isochr resources are
setup, so at least setting state to pause warrants error checking)

TIA
/R