[wdmaudiodev] Re: LFX APO on Windows 7 x64

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 10:31:57 -0800

Artem wrote:

1. Do we need MS EV certificate for userspace drivers and APOs? Or
what kind of digital signature and its properties Windows 7 x64
expects for APO dlls?

This is a topic where I'd like some clarification, as well. Early on, the documentation seemed to imply that, because an APO lives in the DRM protected audio path, there would be a separate Microsoft-supplied approval and signing process for APOs, but experience seems to contradict that, at least on Windows 10.

--
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.