[wdmaudiodev] Re: KsLoadResource

  • From: SP <djm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:40:05 -0500

Thank you!

The following works when put inside "DriverEntry"

ntStatus = KsLoadResource(DriverObject->DriverStart,PagedPool,102,RT_RCDATA,&pData,&dataSize);

What is interesting is that the same KsLoadResource will throw an access violation if you store DriverStart and use it later inside a function like NewStream running at PASSIVE_LEVEL.

Tim Roberts wrote:
SP wrote:
Does anyone have an example of using KsLoadResource?

I am trying to read a resource out of a kernel driver, but it keeps coming up with the error STATUS_RESOURCE_DATA_NOT_FOUND. I am not sure if it's the ImageBase (which I passed in NULL) or some mapping issue with the type RCDATA versus RT_RCDATA.

You can't pass NULL for the ImageBase. Unlike a user-mode process, there's no good way for KsLoadResource to find your driver. You have to provide the ImageBase.

Fortunately, that's easy to get:  DriverStart in your DRIVER_OBJECT.

What I don't see is how you pass a string to the ResourceName: LPSTR, LPWSTR, ANSI_STRING, or UNICODE_STRING. Perhaps you should just use an integer.