[wdmaudiodev] Re: KsCreatePin Failure

  • From: Harsha HS <harsha_highspeed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 01:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

HI Hakon Strande,

  Thanks for the reply.
  Yes, I have gone through WaveRT doc and my intension was not to process the
dtata in filter driver.

  We have a filter driver for XP and we just tried to load it on vista. when we
load the filter driver over WaveCyclic and wavePCI, the filter driver laded
without fail and worked well. But the same wilter failed to load over WaveRT
driver. when we traced the problem we came to know the KsCreatePin of filter
driver is getting failed.

  My intension was not to process the data in fiter driver, For that we have
APO's .
  I wanted to know why the KsCreatePin is getting failed with STATUS_NO_MATCH?
  (where as same function works on waveCyclic driver).

  Is it not supported for WaveRT?

  thanks and regards
  -Harsha

Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Even if you could insert
yourself between a WaveRT driver and the OS there is no audio data for you to
process given the driver model. You may want to read about WaveRT here:

  http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/wavertport.mspx

  Also, the use of filter drivers in kernel mode to add undiscoverable audio
processing is STRONGLY discouraged and has not, is not and will not be
supported by the Windows Audio team.

  Sincerely,

    Hakon Strande
  Program Manager Integrated, Internal, External, and Wireless Audio Devices
  MediaTech/DMD/Windows Client/Microsoft