[wdmaudiodev] Re: KsCreatePin Failure

  • From: Hakon Strande <hakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:51:31 -0700

Even if you could insert yourself between a WaveRT driver and the OS
there is no audio data for you to process given the driver model. You
may want to read about WaveRT here:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/wavertport.mspx

Also, the use of filter drivers in kernel mode to add undiscoverable
audio processing is STRONGLY discouraged and has not, is not and will
not be supported by the Windows Audio team.

Sincerely,

Hakon Strande

Program Manager Integrated, Internal, External, and Wireless Audio
Devices

MediaTech/DMD/Windows Client/Microsoft