[wdmaudiodev] Re: Kernel streaming question

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:30:24 -0700

Pallavi Joshi wrote:
> Yes, hEventPoolIn is the event I pass in the overlapped structure to
> my DeviceIoControl function. I am not using 5 ms timeout always. I was
> just playing with several values. I have tried many other values
> larger than 10 or 16 ms but there is no change.
>
> No, I am not doing a loopback. I take the input data, process it i.e.
> separate the multi channel data into 2 separate channels and then give
> it to the host application which fills in my output buffers. These
> output buffers are then sent to the render pin (again using
> DeviceIoControl and IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM).
>
> As you must have realized, all this is done inside an audio driver
> that I am writing.

The key is making sure all of your processing overlaps.  While you are
waiting for your user-mode app to do its thing, you must make sure you
have buffers being filled in the input side, and buffers being emptied
on the output side.

Beyond that, you'll have to do some instrumenting to figure out where
the time is being spent.