[wdmaudiodev] KSPROPERTY_TOPOLOGY_NODES always produces GUID_NULL?

  • From: Pete Gontier <pete@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:20:41 -0800

I have written a research program to explore the KSPROPSETID_Topology of an
arbitrary device interface in KSCATEGORY_AUDIO. I¹ve been able to extract a
great deal of interesting information, but KSPROPERTY_TOPOLOGY_NODES doesn¹t
seem to be working quite right. My understanding was that this property is
supposed to produce GUID values which may be used (in my case anyway) to
determine which other properties I might be able to extract, but it seems to
produce only GUID_NULL. Was my understanding incorrect and I should be
looking somewhere else? Or was my understanding correct and there¹s a bug in
my code?

? Pete Gontier <http://www.m-audio.com/>