[wdmaudiodev] Re: KSPROPERTY_STEPPING_LONG problem!

  • From: eric <esnothing@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:02:16 +0800

Hello Tim,

       Sorry for describing the problem such unclear and make many mistakes.
 I might be exhausted,...anyway. Let me make it much detailed. The
hardware's volume setting range is from 0 to 49 in decimal, therefore, I
 set the KSPROPERTY_STEPPING_LONG as I wrote in previous email in order to
make the code simpler even though the value should be set to a reasonable
value in db level. However, when I scroll the volume control to it's lowest
position, the 'Data' I got in the SetVolume() always is a strange value
-2147483648. In addition, every step's value is not linear as  list like
49(uppermost), -5676, -7XXX, -9XXX,......, -2147483648(lowest value). What I
must say is this setting in Win7 is workable, every step will honor my
setting as 49, 48, 47....3, 2, 1, 0. and I do not implement a mute node.
        I know there are many difference between Win7 and XP in audio
architecture, maybe something wrong in other part rather
than KSPROPERTY_STEPPING_LONG, at least the audio capture device's node
topology I see in ksstudio are quite different. Thank you for help
sincerely.

Hello Rémi Coquet,
        I tried...but I can hardly recognize the sentence...Thank you
anyway.