[wdmaudiodev] Re: KSPROPERTY_CONNECTION_ALLOCATORFRAMING

  • From: Walter Oney <waltoney@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:02:10 -0400

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> Lets assume we allocate KSALLOCATOR_FRAMING_EX for every pin, now if
> Pin_SetDataFormat would return STATUS_SUCCESS, can we just change
> the KSPIN->Descriptor->AllocatorFraming?
> The problem is that both the upper structures are declared as
> const-> which we could assume that Microsoft programmers assumed that
> those structures wont change in the process.

This is what KsEdit is for. The two Microsoft transform filters I've
disassembled use it to make a copy of the constant allocator framing
structure for just this purpose. You don't even need the cooperation of
the original filter here, since KsEdit adds the memory to an object
"bag" that's automatically released.

--
Walter Oney, Consulting and Training
Basic and Advanced Driver Programming Seminars