[wdmaudiodev] KSPROPERTY_CONNECTION_ALLOCATORFRAMING

  • From: BlazeAudio Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:59:49 -0700

 I want to implement this property so that my (audio) stream class
minidriver's clients can figure out the buffering used by the driver.

But it's not clear to me what is meant by "Frames" and "FrameSize" - this
driver provides support for PCM only - and it could be 16, 24, or 32bits.

Do Frames refer to "sample frames" or sort of a "block" of samples?

Is the FrameSize in bytes?

If yes, then the FrameSize will change based on the format used by the
client! How do I report that?

Thanks.
Devendra.