[wdmaudiodev] Re: KSEVENTSETID_LoopedStreaming in RT Audio

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeff Pages <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 17:27:49 +0700

Hello Jeff,

> My recollection is that the original release of Vista didn't support event
> notifications (or they didn't work properly) but that was fixed in SP1.

PortCls Win7 does not support it for WaveRT drivers. So I'm afraid it
would be better to not use KSEVENTSETID_LoopedStreaming at all. For
STANDARD_STREAMING with KS_READ/KS_WRITE, an event can be specified in
OVERLAPPED structure and for STANDARD_LOOPED_STREAMING with RTAudio,
polling works nicely.

Regards,
Eugene