[wdmaudiodev] KS STATE PAUSE and Streaming

  • From: "Neetu Sand" <neetu.freelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:05:27 +0530

Hi All,

I have been working on investigating a bug with a application and a driver
that I have written. The driver has been written using "Streaming
MiniDriver" architecture. Here is what I see:

1. Application opens a stream in driver for render.
2. Application sets state to ACQUIRE->PAUSE.
3. Application queues 2 SRBs to stream. Here driver simply queues those SRBs
so that as soon as the state is changed to RUN it can start streaming.
4. On the other hand application does not change state to RUN and start
waiting for the return of SRBs. This eventually results in a timeout and
SRBs are canceled and returned.

I feel this is a wrong behavior from application's side because it is not
changing the driver state to RUN and queuing SRBs and expecting them to
return. Am I wrong in my understanding here??

I saw this behavior with WinAudio sample from microsoft using our drivers.
This application uses WASAPI so there might be a problem in WASAPI APIs and
stream.sys interaction. Though I am not sure where the problem is.

Can anyone from microsoft shed any light on it??

Thanks, Neetu.