[wdmaudiodev] Re: KMDF and AVStream revisited

  • From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:35:01 +0100

Daniel Rice wrote:
> My company is currently building a new windows usb audio driver ...
> I'm interested on opinions as well as alternate approaches to what we have
> listed.

An alternate approach would be to make the device's firmware compatible
with the USB Audio Class so that you can use the OS driver.

If you need features of Audio Class v2.0, your device would be supported
by OS X and Linux; for Windows support, you'd have to wait until Microsoft
bothers to write the driver, or buy it from Thesycon.

Regards,
Clemens