[wdmaudiodev] Re: Is there a way to list all supported format of an audio device

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 00:30:12 +0000

It’s all about battery life; basically we want to hold the device’s audio
offload resources for apps that can play with the screen off.

Windows Store apps (which meet certain criteria) can continue to play with the
screen off; if these apps are playing to the audio offload resource, there is a
significant power savings.

But when the screen is turned off on a WinRT device, all Desktop apps are
suspended.