[wdmaudiodev] Is it a good design to include KMDF APIs in WDM based Miniport Audio drivers !

  • From: maraboina suneeth <suneeth.iitg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:00:51 -0800

Hi,
I work on audio miniport drivers which need to talk to a KMDF based driver.
When I tried to use WDM based APIs to send IOCTL it never seems to be
working. But when I tried to use KMDF APIs then everything was working fine
but I'm not sure if its a good design to use KMDF APIsinside a WDM based
drivers. I would appreciate if someone could answer what are the
drawbacks/repercussions of this approach.

Thanks,
Suneeth