Hello wdmaudiodev people
I have a pressing issue on which it's hard to find definitive informattion:
HCK testing requirements for my USB Headphone/APO Driver product.
1. I have developed an APO to ship with a partner's USB headset - it
does virtualization and other DSP processing (it includes a mic and runs at
48k and 96k)
2. I understand that to properly load in Windows 7 and 8/8.1 my APO must
comply with *Windows Protected Environment*, as described in
3. I understand this compliance requirement has been removed since
Windows 10 (
4. So I have been looking at HCK testing
5. One of the tests is the "Fidelity Test" (
Device.Audio.Base.Fidelity), with one of its requirements being the use of
an Audio Precision Analyzer to check audio IO fidelity
This analyzer costs in the region of $25000 and in MS docs I see mention of
analog outputs etc etc... so I'm really hoping that this fidelity test does
not apply to my case.
So my question is: for my USB Headset/APO product which includes a mic and
supports 48k and 96k sample rates, do I absolutely requiHCK certification
for my APO Driver to load properly on Windows 7/8/8.1 and, if so, does my
HCK testing regime require the Device.Audio.Base.Fidelity test?