[wdmaudiodev] Re: Is ByteCount fixed in CopyTo/From to 10 ms?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:33:14 +0200

Markus Bollinger skrev:
As I know this is quite true in case of audio that cames from/goes to the kmixer. I do not remember exactly, but for copying 10 ms of data several copy calls can happen, not ? In case of DirectKS the amount of data copied depends on the application.

During streaming, GetPosition is called first to see how much the DMA ptr has
advanced, this is then
used to calculate ByteCount, and CopyTo/From are then called immediately
thereafter.

With a notification interval of 10 ms, for 44100 stereo 16 bit, ByteCount is
pretty much exactly
1764 bytes constantly.

At least that's what my debugging sessions has told me, correct me if I'm wrong
:)

Regards
/Rob