[wdmaudiodev] IntersectHandler handler doesn't affect Sound->LineOut Properties->Advanced->Default Format drop down

  • From: wade dawson <wdawson61@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:14:01 -0400

I'm trying to fix an issue with our AvStream UAC2 Driver concerning data
formats

In the Windows  8.1 "Sound->Line Out Properties->Advanced Tab->default
Format" dropdown there are formats not supported by our device and
furthermore not in ANY of our dataranges!  The dataranges for the device
are populated correctly and all formats other than the ones our hardware
supports are  correctly rejected by our Intersect  and
SetProposedDataFormat handlers.  If I select one of the unsupported formats
from the dropdown, and hit apply, it is correctly rejected by the device
and a "Format not supported by the device." messagebox is displayed.

Does anyone know how that list is actually populated????  I want it to only
show the formats actually supported by our device.  I've seen similar posts
concerning dynamic format changes but this seems to be a different issue...

Also, is there a way to monitor the actual property request IRPs being sent
to the pin?  I've used KSStudio, but it doesn't seem to be able to show
this (mmsyscpl queries).

Thanks!